Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of study do you like and why
I've been in several bible study groups in the past several years, and have found that there are several types, when you really break it down.

Large group
small group
Classroom style
sermon style
cafe style

I've also seen member participation vary from none to constant. Constant being when members share in the scripture reading and the question and answer portions. Some are open, roundtable discussions.

Since we all have different comfort levels when it comes to sharing and learning, we all have different needs or wants when it comes to group studies.

Some open with prayer for the group, while others address prayer conserns voiced by the group. Some have only and opening or closing prayer.

Sone that I have attended were based on reading a section of the bible, then discussing it. Others were based on a video sermon. Some were Classroom style, like a Sunday school lesson.

So many variables. I thought I would open up this discussion to see what y'all like and don't like about adult bible studies. There are no right or wrong answers. Just looking for your opinions.

To be fair, I prefer small groups where you don't really know the others, but over the course of several weeks you come away from it with a deeper knowledge of God's word, and a few more friends. The kind of friends you would visit if you heard they were in the hospital. Smile